Friday, November 23, 2012

Romney-Ryan Rally

Last week Hannah, Lexi, Caleb, Seth, and I attended our first ever Romney-Ryan rally.  Hannah knew some friends that were going and the rally was just 30 minutes away, so we decided to go.  (Hannah and I have been wanting to get more involved politically now that we've graduated and the rally was a little way for us to get introduced.)  Actually the rally was held at the Meadow Event Park in Doswell, which is where the VA State Fair takes place every year!


The rally was really, really neat.  At least it was encouraging to see someone other than us who was voting for Romney. :)

The rally had lots of high-up political people there.  Our governor, attorney general, and lots of other people (I don't remember their positions! :).


The guy in the middle photo is Bill Bolling (Republican running for governor 2013) and the one in the far right picture is George Allen (Republican running for the Senate).  No idea who the other guy is. :)

That's our governor in the left picture. :)  The guy in the right picture is Eric Cantor, our 7th district congressman.

 After many people spoke about the need for a change better than Obama's change, Romney entered the scene!

That was the best picture I could grab of Romney pulling up in his massive bus. :)






All in all, I was very glad we went to the rally!  I loved seeing Romney in real life...it made him seem more real.  Something about always hearing him in the news, and seeing him on T.V. makes you think he's some super-amazing human.  Seeing him in person reminded me that he's human just like me, and not anything more than that.

So, now I'm depressed Obama won re-election.  Good thing we know Who's in control!
Kimber :)

No comments:

Post a Comment